Welcome to "Only Mark"
A blog for my random tales that truly seem to only happen to me. Enjoy!

Friday, October 26, 2007

Update...

Well, as I thought, it didn't take Dell the two weeks they said it would to send me the new power cord for my computer. In fact, I recieved the package yesterday morning. Only problem is, they didn't send the right part!! Well, to be fair, they just didn't send me all of the correct part. They only sent me the part of the power cord that connects the AC adapter to the outlet and not the part of the cord that has the AC adapter and connects to the computer. I assumed when I told the woman "I need a new power cord, the green light on the AC adapter no longer comes on" that it was fairly understood that odds were good there was something wrong with the adapter and that I'd be getting the entire cord, or at the very least, that she would ask more questions if it seemed unclear to her. But you know what happens when you assume... And apparently that same thing happens when your "customer service reps" are stationed in a third world country and the only English they know is what's written on a script in front of them! GRRRRR!!

Anyway, I've spoken with the new rep (who I think happens to be somewhere in America) and she has ordered the correct part for me. Hopefully I'll be getting it soon!

No comments: