Welcome to "Only Mark"
A blog for my random tales that truly seem to only happen to me. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Brief Sabatical

Posting will be light (more likely non-existent) for the next few days. But don't worry, loyal blog readers, it's not because I drove off a mountain or got kidnapped by the locals with shotguns while out of town last weekend. I did, in fact, make it home safely, but found upon my return that the power cord to my laptop no longer works. It had been acting up for serveral weeks now, but I guess it finally gave up the ghost.

Not wanting to wait for a new one to be sent from Dell, I ran up to BestBuy to try to get one on my own. Turns out, those suckers cost $130 !!! Well, there was no way I was paying that considering my computer is only a year and a half old, so I decided to give Dell a shot. I spent about an hour on the phone with their lovely customer service reps in India or Pakistan or somewhere that no one speaks English, and finally fussed enough to where they agreed to overnight me a new power cord for free, even though my warranty expired in February. Yeah, I got it like that! Only catch is, they say it will be mailed out by October 31. In my past experiences with Dell, they usually get stuff out much faster than they claim, so hopefully I'll have it by the weekend, but if not, I guess I'm going back to the dark ages for a couple weeks with no internet. So painful!!

Anyway, I'm using a computer at work now, but unless I get reallllllly bored, I probably won't get on here to update the blog again, so we're all stuck waiting until UPS brings me my gift from Dell.

In the meantime, reflect on this....Is there really more to life than just being really ridiculously good looking? Feel free to comment with your responses.

No comments: