Welcome to "Only Mark"
A blog for my random tales that truly seem to only happen to me. Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Official First Post

Well, this blog has been a long time coming. I've been saying for months, "I need to start a blog!" But basically two things have held me up...the title and the first post. As for the title, well, Google helped me pick that by eliminating nearly every other idea I had thought of, but I still had free reign with the first post.

Why is this first post so important, you ask? Well, the first post to a blog is a very monumental one. It basically serves to set the tone of your entire blog. Sure, a well written blog will evolve over time and possibly even begin to take on a life and personality all it's own, but that doesn't change the fact that the first post is still out there reminding everyone of where you started. I've felt pressure to make the first post something spectacular - some amazingly random or hilarious story that has happened to me. I wanted it to be one that, months from now when a new reader clicks back in the archives to figure out what the heck this thing is they've stumbled upon, would entice people and get them to keep reading. But, all that pressure just left me without a blog! So, I decided to suck it up, write a random and boring first post just to kick things off - and this is it!

This is my first post...so far you know nothing about my blog, nothing about me (other than a little insight into my sometimes neurotic life and what looks like a slight fear of commitment) and nothing new about the world. Whew! Pressure's off as soon as I hit publish and I can begin with the blog!

Hope you enjoy it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

49124.....3139

Anonymous said...

Какой то вы некоммуникабельный
!!!