Welcome to "Only Mark"
A blog for my random tales that truly seem to only happen to me. Enjoy!

Thursday, October 18, 2007

I think we've reached a new low...

For years I've been joking that they'll deep fry anything in the South. I generally don't eat much fried food personally, but since moving here I've seen almost everything imaginable fried. On restaurant menus I've not only seen the normal fried items: chicken, fish, pork, okra (eww), etc., but have also seen some rather unique things such as fried pickles! (I think that one was actually on the menu of a Sonic somewhere.) And of course, every year when the fair comes they advertise some new fried food. I really thought I'd seen it all when two years ago I saw a billboard for fried Oreos at the fair...and then last year they seemed to top it with fried Snickers. But then I read this...

http://www.thestate.com/local/story/203956.html

You've got to be kidding me...fried Pepsi???? Huh? How is that even possible? I guess it's just proof that if you cover anything in grease and bread crumbs they'll eat it around here. Is this really the best idea for a state with such high incidences of heart disease and obesity? Oh geez!

No comments: