Welcome to "Only Mark"
A blog for my random tales that truly seem to only happen to me. Enjoy!

Saturday, December 22, 2007

My life is so random!

I really had nothing planned for tonight and had actually planned to skip out of work a little earlier than I have lately, go home, put on something comfortable and veg out on the couch all night. But, this afternoon my cell phone started beeping that it had a low battery. The battery life had gotten really short lately...like after about an hour or hour and a half of talk time it was telling me it was dead...and the phone is only 6 or 7 months old! The low battery beeping was really getting on my nerves so I decided I had to go by the Verizon store after work to get it taken care of. Unfortunately, the Verizon store is across the street from the mall, which is exactly where I did not want to be on a Friday afternoon 3 days before Christmas. I ended up getting a new battery out of them and went ahead and upgraded my plan since I've been running out of minutes lately.

On my way home, I decided I needed to stop by the neighbor's house to pick up a dish I left there after the Christmas dinner. I was going to call first, but thought I'd just pop on in if someone's car was outside. Her car was there so I get out and knock on the door. She hollered something, but I couldn't hear so I just kinda hung out on the porch for a minute. After a minute or two, I see through the window sticking her head around the corner in a towel. haha! She invites me in and then goes to get dressed. She tells me that she was actually taking a bath and waiting for Hot Crazy Girl to come over. We pour ourselves some wine as we catch up a bit and she tells me she's kinda frustrated with HCG, as she had been waiting for her for about an hour and a half by now...told ya she's kinda flakey! Anyway, the neighbor tells me that she and HCG are going to pick up a guy she went to high school with who's now a chef down in Charleston and he was going to make dinner for them. She then invited me to tag along! Considering I had been excited about going home making some spaghetti (that's about as much cooking as I do), I definitely wasn't g
oing to pass up the chance to have a chef make me dinner!

Since I hadn't yet been home from work yet, I ran around the corner to drop off some stuff and then went back to the neighbor's after a couple minutes. HCG arrived and we headed off to get the chef. We picked him up and went to the grocery store and followed him around as he bought whatever it is he needed.
The three of us split the bill (figured it wouldn't be right to make the chef pay for it and cook!) and we went back to the neighbor's where we began the cooking. And of course by "we began the cooking" I mean me, the neighbor and HCG made ourselves some cocktails and went into the living room while the chef was in the kitchen cooking. The neighbor did go in to keep him company after a while, but since me and HCG didn't know him we just stayed in the living room chatting. He ended up making us shrimp and grits. It was actually really funny b/c since he's a chef, it was actually garnished and presented in a way you'd expect to see at a restaurant, but not necessarily on your dinner table. I'm not really a big grits fan, but it was a good meal. The grits didn't seem to have much flavor, but then again, grits rarely do...you mainly just taste cheese or butter or whatever you put in them anyway. It sure was a lot better than I could have/would have ever done! We stayed chatting and hanging out until 11 or 11:30.

Just so random...a quick, unannounced stop at a friend's turns into cocktails and a personal chef! I guess that's an Only Mark story if ever there was one! I have a fun life! lol

No comments: