Welcome to "Only Mark"
A blog for my random tales that truly seem to only happen to me. Enjoy!

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas!!!

I'm heading out of town Sunday afternoon for Christmas. Going up to the mountains with the fam again. Oh, and my aunt and uncle will be at their house across the road and apparently after Christmas another aunt and two of my cousins are coming up too, so it should be a big fun family Christmas! This is the fun side of the family (read: the side that drinks...heavily) so lots of fun will ensue! Hopefully there'll be good stories to share when I get back. I don't know exactly when I'll be coming back. Maybe on Friday or Saturday, it depends how much fun I'm having, haha. If you haven't guessed by now I don't like to plan myself too much when I'm out of town, but much rather prefer to play it by ear and see what hits me, lol.

It will definitely be nice and relaxing to go up there, and we might even get a bit of snow, which I certainly wouldn't
get if I were in Florida, but I am going to miss going home. I mean, I know I was just down in Orlando last week, but other than my one friend who came over for dinner, I didn't really get to see anyone. I got an invite on MySpace tonight to the annual gathering my high school friends and I have every year since we left for college. We all go over to a friend's house and her mom makes us lots of food and we spend all night just catching up. Over the years, the group has grown as people have brought their boyfriends/girlfriends, then their spouses, and now this year for the first time, there should be a few people bringing their new babies! It's sorta like the family getting together once a year. I'm so sad I'm missing it! Guess I'm gonna have to phone this one in from the mountains and make my presence known! haha Going to the mountains also means I won't get to see anyone from my mom's side of the family, which kinda sucks. Oooh, that reminds me, today is my grandma's 86th birthday. Guess I've got a phone call to make! Anyway...I was never really given a whole lot of choice on the Christmas destination so I guess I'll just drive to the mountains and enjoy myself.

On the topic of good stories, I have like a million posts sitting inside me that I've been too lazy/busy to get out. Obviously it's not going to happen before I leave and I won't have internet up there, so I guess you'll just have to wait.


PS -- My check engine light came back on tonight. It actually came on during the drive back from FL but went off a day or two later so I didn't bother to do anything about it. If it's still on or back on when I get back in town, I guess I'll be making another appointment at the shop. Thanks to the holidays I suppose I will actually make it until next year before I'm back at the shop. If their track record proves anything, I'm willing to bet that my O2 sensor is bad again, but maybe I should give them the benefit of the doubt and let the dealership diagnose the problem.

No comments: