Welcome to "Only Mark"
A blog for my random tales that truly seem to only happen to me. Enjoy!

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Updates...and stuff I forgot

I forgot to mention about my busy social life over the last couple weeks. That was part of the reason why it took me so long to get the post up. Last week I attended two Halloween parties in as many days. This is actually kinda funny b/c I don't really like Halloween and refused to dress up for either one.

The first party was at the neighbors'. It was on Friday night and I had other stuff to do earlier in the night. I almost wasn't going to go, but figured I'd at least pop in since they were only around the corner. I didn't stay long b/c they were going downtown and I wasn't going to join them. Not much happened at the party, but it was good to see people. Oh, there was one sorta random situation. Another friend was there. This particular friend is really a friend of a friend, who I'm pretty sure I hadn't met until the mutual friend's wedding back in April. We've hung out a couple of times I guess, but in her mind, we're apparently best friends. She has a boyfriend (who's pretty cool and is pretty much also around when we're hanging out), so it's nothing like that. She is quite attractive in my opinion and I wouldn't mind dating her, except that she's apparently a bit crazy. Anyway, she was a sorority sister of one of the neighbors so she was already at the party when I got there. As soon as she sees me, she gives me a big hug, tells me she likes my shirt, and then says I smell good. She liked the cologne I was wearing so then basically thrust herself on me and was hanging on me for a minute or two. It was kinda in a joking way, but kinda in a she's-just-a-big-flirt way too. It wasn't too strange except for the fact that her boyfriend was standing right behind her as she flung herself at me. This wasn't really the random thing though. So later I'm standing in the kitchen talking to Hot Crazy Girl (as she shall henceforth be known) just catching up and what not when she suddenly starts telling me about some friend of hers she to hook me up with. This is the description she gives me of the girl:
"She's a really hot blonde girl with big boobs. She looks like Pamela Anderson. I mean I'd totally do her if I was a lesbian. Oh yeah, she's really funny and smart too. She's really sarcastic and has a great sense of humor."
Haha, yeah! Oh, and it seems her parents have some horse farm too, so there's probably some money there. Apparently she was coming back up to Columbia with her (they live in Charleston) in a few weeks (i.e. this coming weekend) and she wanted the four of us to get together for dinner. While this would be a fun and exciting prospect, needless to say, I'm a bit skeptical. This is for two reasons:
  1. Hot Crazy Girl is kinda a flake so I highly doubt she'll actually call me if/when she comes to town.
  2. Does a girl like this actually exist? I mean, being that she's a friend of Hot Crazy Girl, I don't doubt that she's hot. I'm sure she looks good and has big (likely fake) boobs (which for the record, I don't have a problem with), but I think she might not quite be as intelligent/funny/sarcastic as HCG claims. Additionally, even if all these things were true, I'm thinking she might also be a touch crazy.
Oh well. If HCG does call, it won't hurt to go out to dinner, but I've haven't been engagement ring shopping yet.

2nd Halloween Party...
This party was actually on the Saturday night after my first party. Again, I didn't want to go to this party, but I agreed. I actually only went b/c it was the USC-UT game and I didn't want to sit at home alone watching it. I called a friend of mine (interestingly enough, also a sorority sister of the neighbor and HCG, but that's unrelated) to see if she was having people over or had plans or anything. She told me she was watching with some friends at the party. I knew I wasn't really going to know anyone at the party but thought, what the heck...it could be fun. After picking up the friend (who went as a Christmas Tree to the party) and then going to her boyfriend's to wait for him to get ready, our entourage (which included two of her other friends) arrived...toward the end of the first half! I was kinda mad missing half of the game, seeing as how that was the only reason I was going, but I kept my mouth shut. They were playing horribly the first half anyway. When I got there, I thought about heading to the kitchen where everyone was standing to be social and at least try to meet some of these people, since I was sitting in their house, drinking their liquor and eating their food, but then I thought "ehh, I'll never see them again anyway...I'm watching the game." Someone handed me a Jello shot which strongly tasted like Everclear and I watched USC suck it up for the last few minutes of the half. Their poor performance so far drove me to drinking during half time. In the course of half time, I piled on two rum and cokes (one of which was about half rum) and another of the Everclear-laden Jello shots. At this point, I didn't care at all what was going on in the second half! Unfortunately, my plan didn't work so well. It seems that the Gamecocks actually did very well during the last two quarters and came back to make it to overtime. They lost by a missed field goal in the first overtime. The problem is, I was too drunk to remember pretty much anything of the half, but had sobered up enough to somewhat remember the missed kick! Crap! After the game, they too were all going downtown and, again, I didn't want to join them, so I just took my grumpy butt home to pout about the Gamecocks. They all seemed like nice enough people, I guess (although, not really my crowd) but frankly, I didn't really care, haha.

More nights out...
This past week, I spent three more nights out on the town. This is quite unusual for me! Thursday night, I met the neighbors out downtown for a few drinks. I initially wasn't going to go, but needed to pick up their key so I could watch the cats and, I didn't have much else to do, so I agreed. I wasn't really in the mood for a big crowd, but for some reason, there was absolutely nobody downtown, so it was kinda enjoyable. We hung out at one bar for a bit then, they wanted to pop on over to another bar. It turns out both of the neighbors sorta have crushes on a couple of the bartenders at the second bar, so I just kinda hung out and made fun of them. I stayed out much longer than I wanted, but it was good. Friday night, I called some other friends to see what they were up to. A couple of the guys were on their way to dinner when I called, so I met them for drinks after dinner at a restaurant where another friend is a bartender. We stayed there for a bit and another friend joined us. Then we left and went to Ruth's Chris for desert. Amazing Chocolate Mousse Cheescake! mmmm... Not so much in the budget, but oh well. We then went back to one of the guy's condo's to hang out and play Wii and what not. Saturday night, I got an invite to a friend's place (incidentally in the same condo building I was in Friday night) for a little get together. But he told me they wouldn't be watching the USC-Arkansas game, so I told them "No Dice." I ended up going to the friend's condo I was at on Friday to watch the game with him and someone else. The Gamecocks lost again. Oh well, 3 nights out in a row...that's rare for me! Too bad none of them were a hot date. I need a girlfriend! :( I guess there's always hope for the Big-Boobed Blonde! haha

And the update...
I was chatting with the neighbor's roommate yesterday when she came to pick up the key after I cat sat for them. It seems, despite how I mentioned the house was a sty, that they did actually clean before leaving! Yikes! She mentioned something about how she washed the dishes which were piled in the sink stinking or something because they didn't want me to have to walk into a disgusting house, haha! Apparently these girls are just nasty! Glad I don't live there!

No comments: