Welcome to "Only Mark"
A blog for my random tales that truly seem to only happen to me. Enjoy!

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Well hey there, kiddos!

It's been a really really long time since I posted last!!! Yikes! (haha...while writing this, I just re-read this post. Guess I sorta lied to ya! oops!) I could give you a number of excuses for this (I was sick for the better part of last week, work has been hectic, I've been out of town some) but all in all it really boils down to...I've been a lazy blogger! (*Hangs his head in shame*) I know, I know...it's a horrible thing to admit. I think it's just kinda that time of year when everyone is over the New Year's hype and has begun trying to settle back into post holiday life.

Speaking of New Year's hype...I know there's much anticipation for my much storied Year-in-Review Post. A revised post will be going up tonight. Actually...l
ike all good bloggers, I've been writing blog posts in my head during this whole little hiatus, but I just haven't actually sat down to put them in the computer. How sad is that? I should churn out a few quick ones tonight and will hopefully get to a couple more tomorrow night...just to get them out of my head! Ahh!

Oh yeah...in other news...it started snowing on my drive home this evening! It was a really wet snow that melted as soon as it hit the ground or cars or whatever. Then it became sleet...now it's just raining. Gotta love SC's "winter weather." I'm actually surprised they didn't try to shut down the whole state for this sorta thing. The governor we had when I first moved here closed the state at even the suggestion of cold weather! haha Even as a newly transplanted Floridian who's idea of cold weather meant any morning you could actually see your breath I knew that was over reacting a bit. Oh well!

Oooh, one last thing. I'm going out of town again this weekend. The neighbor called this morning and is getting a group of people together to head down to the beach for the holiday weekend. No no...there won't be string bikini's and golden tans...it'll actually be in the low 40's during the day and 20's at night. But, we were able to get a cheap suite at a hotel down there because of it, so it will just be a fun getaway. Knowing the neighbors and the other people invited, we'll probably just drink a lot (read--they'll try to get me drunk since it doesn't happen very often...I tend to hold my liquor well), sit around talking smack about people we went to college with and play lots of Apples to Apples. And by lots....I mean HOURS on end (it gets boring, but we always customize the game to include ways to talk smack about people we went to college with...if you've ever played, all the "make your own noun" cards become someone we know...very entertaining!). I tell you this mainly to let you know that whatever I don't get posted by tomorrow night will likely not get posted until after the weekend sometime. Sorry!

No comments: