Welcome to "Only Mark"
A blog for my random tales that truly seem to only happen to me. Enjoy!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Realizations and Resolutions

I've been blogging now for about 6 weeks and have begun to realize somethings about my blog:
  • My blog was supposed to be chock full of funny stories about my life and encounters I have. So far this has not been the case. Up until now, it has actually seemed to be more filled with my rants and complaints, intermixed with a few blow-by-blow replays of my days. No one wants to read this...at least not only this! So many bloggers have deep philosophical and introspective viewpoints, others have funny stories, and I, up until now, basically just have a diary of me. Not the original intent.
  • I write too much! Not necessarily too frequently, but when I do write, I just make my posts too long! I should probably take a moment after I write them to edit them down, taking out some of the boring details...but it's so much easier just to click post and not re-read it.
I'm sure there's other realizations I could come to, but in light of that last realization, I'll spare you. Anyway, point is, I'm going to work on these things and will be bringing you much more exciting and concise posts as we ring in the holiday season!

Also, as I mentioned before, I'm heading back up to the mountains for Thanksgiving with the fam. I'm leaving tomorrow and will be back sometime over the weekend, so no posts until then. I'll be thinking about the above realizations, though, and am vowing to do better.

Oh, and in my 6 short weeks, I have had no fewer than 5 separate hits from at least 3 different countries outside the US and plenty from states all over...that's definitely fun to watch! As always, if you are reading, you are greatly encouraged to comment or e-mail me! I take requests!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: